First week in Chicago


It's been one week since I came to Chicago. My life starts here in the suburbs. The weather that days was terrible, almost -30*C. It was hard to organise any trip to downtown and see what's the best in Chicago. Nobody likes walk around when it's so cold as here. Sun is shining almost every day but when I go out I quickly want to come back home. But because I'm not staying here only couple of weeks I can wait for better weather to visit the centre or any other nice places around. 


Until now I've seen suburbs through the glass of the car. Me and my lovely cousin Ania live outside of the city. We drove to different places near by so I could see a bit of America. Although it is a lot of snow here roads and sidewalks are cleared of snow. I know it doesn't looks like -20*C but trust me it is!





In my first weekend here I went with Ania and here friend Annet to Winter Ball in Crowne Plaza Hotel. It was a contest of amateur dancers. They've been dancing with theirs teachers or partners. It was amazing, almost every women had this beautiful shiny dress which shone even more while dancing.
 

What I really liked about this Ball is that even older people are still dancing. There were couples over 70yrs old. In Poland people at this age usually stays home, watching tv and waiting until they die with a thought there is nothing else they could do. This is very sad but that is the true. People in USA looks much younger than they are. Why? I don't really know but maybe because they do much more healthy things and they don't stress as much as we. Maybe… Most of them they are active all their lives.


I sat there and admired all the dancers. But at the end when I saw this young couple my jaw dropped! Such young kids dancing definitely better than me and many people in this room haha! They were very professional! It was amazing. I couldn't stop look at them.




Anyway… Next days I spent lots of time home working on different projects. I went out with Ania few times to eat some healthy food in amazing restaurants. She laughs at me that every restaurant we go I say - this is my favourite one! Places here are much different than in Poland, we usually eat vegetarian or vegan and there is no problem to find place which serve this kind of food. I fall in love with Whole Foods, healthy super market where you can get only good quality food. You also can buy fresh food to eat in or take away.. 



So, let's eat, work and enjoy the suburbs for now! Read my next post about my first impression about America.


0 komentarze:

Prześlij komentarz

 
Facebook

Polecam

EWA SO - Fotograf Poznań