WELCOME NEW YORK!!!


So many of you asked me how do I like NY even before I put my foot there :) That's nice! I was there only two days of which most of the time I spent taking pictures at a medical conference that I went with Ania. So I didn't have enough time to see all interesting places and definitely say I love it or I hate it.  I had mixed feelings about NY in my first day. But after two days when I left this city I can say: I Really Like It! Maybe it's not the best place for living but definitely for visiting. At least for me. 


Im a European girl and that's my first time in USA so I like most new places here. Six weeks ago when I landed in Chicago I felt like in american movie. But when I came here to NY Im getting crazy about being in american movie in positive way! I feel more than I'm in the movie. I'M THE MOVIE! This is not happening, I can't believe I'm here! I dreamed about America many times and I saw NY only in TV. USA is so far from Poland that I wasn't sure when finally I'll get here. And here I am! In the taxi!


When I get in to my first taxi I was wondering why do they need these handles to hold?? After a few minutes I used it too. Taxi drivers are crazy! It's better hold it  before you hit something. The interior of the cab was new to me. It was exactly like in the movies I used to watch before. If no glass separating us from the driver I would find myself on the windshield with this driver. Polish driver by the way.

8am and we were already on the way to conference. I took some pictures from the cab. But before we get the taxi we had to take a ferry from staten Island to Manhattan. I was really impressed when I saw it first time.




Im in Manhattan! Finally! The though I'll go to Manhattan didn't let me sleep last night. I flipped from right to left and back in my bed all night! No sleep at all. I don't know if that was excitement or what but I was up almost for last 48hrs. Im hungry but I can't eat. Im tired but I can't sleep…
Let's catch a taxi and take a ride! Ania also didn't feel safe in a taxi as you can see above :D All those pictures I took from cab window on the way to conference. We already had plans for this day so we didn't get a chance to see more than streets from Ferry Station to Metropolitan Club. But trust me, taxi ride was also very exciting! Have a look at random streets in Manhattan.

















At the evening we went to 6th Annual Blossom Ball organized by Endometriosis Foundation in America at fancy 583 Park Avenue. Amazing place with many famous people supporting this event. It was really nice to see and met people like Alek Wek, Susan Sarandon, Padma Lakshmi, Oluchi Orlandi, Ajak Deng, Kelly Killoren Bensimon and many others. There was great music to dance and very nice people to talk to. That was a good night! Thank you Ania!






Next post about Time Square in New York read here.

Read about Conference and Blossom Ball at Ania's blog.


1 komentarze:

  1. Reall Good EwaSo, keep up good work, love traveling with you, love reading your stories afterwards

    OdpowiedzUsuń

 
Facebook

Polecam

EWA SO - Fotograf Poznań